Twilight (the movie) for Your BlackBerry

Twilight_Edward_and_BellaI’m a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight Series. Since the movie version of Twilight is coming out on November 21, this is a good time to outfit your BlackBerry to show off at the theatre.

Included in this article are (customized for Pearl, Curve, or Bold):

1. A free Twilight theme from CoolBlackBerryThemes.com
  2. Free Twilight ringtones from CoolBlackBerryThemes.com
  3. A free video of the final movie trailer
  4. A free music video of a Twilight soundtrack song by Paramore, “Decode”

If you haven’t read the book…

stephenie-meyer_100w150hStephenie Meyer is a fantastically talented young writer whose first published book has become a major bestseller. The Twilight series consists of four books:

1. Twilight
  2. New Moon
  3. Eclipse
  4. Breaking Dawn

I’m no literary analyst or critic, so I won’t attempt a real review–you can Google for that. But I will at least report that the Twilight series is essentially a modern-day teenage love story, but it is also a highly suspenseful action-packed thriller, with strong elements of fantasy bordering on horror. It seems that Meyer researched deeply into legends and fables of vampires and werewolves. But have you heard the quote that goes something like “good artists borrow, great artists steal”? Well, Meyer took these legends and stole them–made them her own, in an unforgettable way.

Meyer also has followed up the Twilight Series with another way-cool book, The Host. Check that out, too.

CoolBlackBerryThemes: Twilight Theme and Ringtones

My new friend, Jennifer Calandra, runs a very cool site at CoolBlackBerryThemes.com (CBBT). Jennifer has done a cool theme for the Twilight movie. Below are some screenshots for the Home Screen, Incoming Call screen, and Keyboard Locked Screen (Curve version).

twilight

twilight2

twilight3

Download the theme for your model of BlackBerry:

CBBT also has a couple of ringtones based on a song from the Twilight sound track. Download to your computer:

Be sure to visit CoolBlackBerryThemes.com and check out the Twilight customization products and all the other fantastic work you can find there.

Twilight Movie Trailer

The final official movie trailer really builds up your interest in seeing the movie. Use it to get yourself pumped for the film. Show it to your friends to convince them to see the movie.

Twilight_trailer_screenshot_1

Download video to your computer:

Twilight Soundtrack Music Video

The soundtrack for Twilight features bands that Stephenie Meyer listened to while writing the Twilight series. My favorite song is Decode by Paramore; it was written specifically for Twilight. It has a very cool music video featuring lead singer Hayley Williams.

Twilight_Paramore_Decode_musicvideo

Download video to your computer:

Conclusion

I hope you Twilight fans enjoy the resources above. And I hope I converted some of you BlackBerry fans into Twilight (or Stephenie Meyer) fans.

The soundtrack is awesome. Check it out using the Amazon link below:

Pre-order the DVD on Amazon here:

Postscript, 2008-11-21, 3:27AM: I just saw a midnight preview of Twilight with my daughter and her friend. It was really good. Bella and Edward are cast perfectly. The book is better, as often is the case with a book made into a movie. Now, like an idiot, I’m getting up in a couple of hours to wait in line to get a BlackBerry Storm on its first release day. Thankfully, there are some holidays ahead to catch up on sleep.

Related posts:

OddyOh says:
Nov 19, 2008 - 07:11:01

Cool stuff, you’ve convinced me to check out the books!

Nov 19, 2008 - 08:11:07

OddyOh,
Please let me know if you try any of the downloads and if they worked for you (in case we have any problems with them).

Yes–do check out the books and the movie and the soundtrack. You won’t be sorry.

OddyOh says:
Nov 19, 2008 - 09:11:35

Hi Kelly, the videos work fine (after solving my “Missing Sync for Blackberry” issues, got it working now). They downloaded and play perfectly, except the .mp4 ones don’t play on my Pearl (”an error has occurred”), but maybe that’s normal, I have no idea what formats this thing plays…these are the first videos I’ve tried putting on my BB.

I haven’t tried the theme yet, I’m still hooked on the BPhone theme you posted about back in February…I use the Icon version. :)

Nov 19, 2008 - 10:11:19

OddyOh,
I have re-converted the Pearl MP4 files and they now play fine on my Pearl. The quality is much better than the 3GP and 3G2 formats. If you want, try them. Thanks so much for your feedback.

OddyOh says:
Nov 19, 2008 - 08:11:51

Hi Kelly. I just tried the new mp4’s, they now play properly, and as you say, look much better! Great site, keep up the good work!

Gillian says:
Nov 21, 2008 - 02:11:30

i just wanted y’all to know that i just download the blackberry theme..and it works really well! i love it…it takes a while to get used to it because i am used to the themes that came on the phone….but, it works and its amazing!!!! kudos to the creator!

Nov 21, 2008 - 07:11:40

Gillian,
Glad you like it. Thanks goes to Jennifer Calandra of http://www.CoolBlackBerryThemes.com. Please visit her site and check out ALL of her cool stuff.

Dec 3, 2008 - 01:12:24

Hey guys, We have launched a new website where you can watch video clips directly on your BB.

BBVdo.com

Its designed for BlackBerry users to watch videos directly on your device
Stream, download, watch 1000s of Videos, clips directly using BlackBerry Internet Browser and media player

Dec 3, 2008 - 07:12:51

BlackBerry Videos,
Just tried it a couple of times with my new BlackBerry Storm, and got the “unsupported format” error so common with YouTube Mobile.

Tried with my BlackBerry Curve 8330–worked great for one “preview”, but failed on “play.”

If you read my article on YouTube Mobile, you’ll see how frustrating it has been for many/most/all of us to stream video to our BBs. If this is your field of expertise, I wish you could enlighten me/us on why this is such a problem.
Thanks!

jami says:
Dec 7, 2008 - 12:12:12

When will you have new twilight themes for the blackberry storm?

Dec 7, 2008 - 06:12:43

Jami,
The Twilight themes are created by Jennifer Calandra of CoolBlackBerryThemes.com. It is not yet possible for her or anyone to create themes for the Storm, as the theme-making software provided by RIM will not make themes compatible with the Storm. That should change soon.

I will be creating some music videos and such that are sized to fit the Storm screen, so check back with me later. If you have any requests, let me know here.

Dr BLT says:
Dec 10, 2008 - 03:12:20

Here’s a sample of a song (complete with skit) I wrote and recorded that was inspired by the movie. Feel free to post it or pass it on.

It’s a special Christmas edition of a song inspired by the movie. It starts out with an little introductory skit:

Twilight Time
Dr BLT
words and music by Dr BLT copyright 2008

Dec 10, 2008 - 06:12:47

Dr. BLT,
That’s far out! Can’t believe you recorded that, then shared it with newBBie.com. Vocal sounds a little like Dire Straits to me (sorry to compare but meant as a compliment).

I encourage readers to check out http://drblt.net. Cool dude.

P.S.–I did fix the link in your original post to make sure readers can download the MP3.

brittanyrose says:
Feb 19, 2009 - 09:02:04

Hi! Thank u for the great twilight stuff!! I have a problem when trying to open and save the video and music clip to my curve….it says page not rendered?? Or an error has occured? Todo u have any trouble shooting tips for this? Thanks !!

Feb 19, 2009 - 02:02:53

brittanyrose,
Glad to meet a fellow Twilight fan. What will work is to download the video to your computer and copy it over onto your Curve (preferably to Media Card instead of Device Memory). I don’t think you can download it to your Curve directly from my web site. Have you tried it the way I intended? There are actually two ways to coy it over: using Desktop Manager’s Media Manager (not recommended) or using Mass Storage Mode (recommended; works just like you plugged in a USB flash drive, but it’s your Curve). Please let me know if you need more help doing that, because the videos are awesome.

emma says:
Jun 3, 2009 - 02:06:35

hi Kelly I have’nt heard from you about the New Moon trailer for Blackberry Curve. The link that you sent me did not work as I told you. Do you have another way to get it? I saw the trailer and it is awesome. I downloaded the Twilight trailer and it works perfectly. Bye
Emma

Jul 10, 2009 - 03:07:55

Twilight is a thousand times better than Harry Potter. I really love this movie, it is the best movie i have ever watched.

Lenny says:
Aug 10, 2009 - 11:08:41

Twilight is my favorite movie. it also inspired the HBO television series Trueblood because of the popularity of the Twlight Saga.

Aug 11, 2009 - 05:08:02

Lenny,
Actually, the inspiration for True Blood is the Sookie Stackhouse stories by Charlaine Harris. It appears that Twilight was actually inspired by Sookie, too, as many of the ideas in both series are the same. In any case, I love Twilight and True Blood.