BlackBerry Curve 8900 Coming to Rogers

Curve_8900A stunningly beautiful new BlackBerry, the Curve 8900 (a.k.a. Javelin) has been announced by Research in Motion (RIM) to be available to customers of Rogers in Canada.

Here are some links for you to explore:

Rogers Curve 8900

BlackBerry Curve 8900 (official web site)

BlackBerry Curve 8900 features

BlackBerry Curve 8900 specifications

BlackBerry Curve 8900 video

BlackBerry Curve 8900 101 (animated tutorial)

Or for a quick peek

Photos of Curve 8900

Front view: what a classically beautiful design!

BB_Curve_8900_front

Rear view: looks like the metallic rear cover on my new BlackBerry Storm. Nice!

BB_Curve_8900_back

Side view: Nice and thin!

BB_Curve_8900_side

Conclusion

The pictures speak for themselves. I’m envious of my Canadian friends.

ray says:
Dec 20, 2008 - 08:12:40

NEED HELP ON JAVA CANT TURN IT ON HELP HELP PLS

Dec 21, 2008 - 04:12:58

Ray,
I need some more information on what’s going wrong. Your plea for help doesn’t tell me enough.

greg taylor says:
Jan 20, 2009 - 03:01:21

my blackberry messenger on this phone doesnt seem to be working. whenever i add a contact it sits in the pending contacts group but doesnt move. when people add me a request should pop up and doesnt? what should i do?

Jan 20, 2009 - 10:01:29

Greg,
Has Messenger EVER worked for you, but now has stopped working? Are other communication functions of the phone working: voice? email? SMS? MMS?

Have you tried resetting your phone (battery pull)? That’s always worth a try when a BlackBerry appears to be behaving abnormally.

Have you tried to re-send your Service Books? That can be done in Email Setup or from the BlackBerry Internet Service? Let me know if you don’t know how to do that.

jason says:
Jan 28, 2009 - 07:01:49

i just bought an unlocked BB8900 and i cant open mms messages. and all of a sudden it wont connect to my wifi that i had already had set up. any ideas on how i can fix these problems?
thanks

Jan 29, 2009 - 01:01:49

Jason,
I don’t have a lot to go on. I’m not sure what was working before things went wrong. For starters, reset your phone using a battery pull. Try getting your service books sent again (see if my article here helps: http://newbbie.com/2008/10/11/my-blackberry-cant-send-or-receive-email/). Let me know what happens. Maybe we can come up with more things to try.

S.Star says:
Feb 13, 2009 - 01:02:58

my blackberry messenge isnt same to be working good i cant edit my name i try everything and nothing. can you please let me know what i need to do?

Feb 13, 2009 - 01:02:33

S.Star,
Was it working before and then stopped working? Try a “battery pull”: remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, replace the battery, and wait for it to recover. Try Messenger again. Let me know if that helps or not.

JMFV says:
Feb 24, 2009 - 08:02:04

Hello,

I purchased a blackberry 8900 for T-Mobile and bought and unlock code to use it with AT&T. The voice is working, meaning I can make and receive calls. The problem is that I cannot use the internet. AT&T claims that even if the internet works, I won’t be able to use the PIN feature to use the Blackberry Messenger?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Feb 24, 2009 - 10:02:44

JMFV,
Try logging in to your AT&T BlackBerry Internet Service and have your Service Books sent. See if that gains you some functionality. Please let me know.

Jenny says:
Mar 4, 2009 - 04:03:47

i cant edit my info in my blackberry 8900 messenger, i had a curve 8320 and since i made the change to 8900 my nickname stayed the same, and i would like to change it, but in the 8900 i cant, it wont let me. Help

Mar 4, 2009 - 10:03:33

Jenny,
You should be able to do “Edit My Info” and change your nickname. If it won’t let you, try resetting the phone by removing the battery, waiting, replacing it, waiting…and trying again. Let me know if that works or not.

Karen says:
Mar 18, 2009 - 07:03:40

Does anyone know if it’s possible to combine the “mail” and “SMS and MMS” applications into one? I just upgraded from an older BB and this is different. I prefer them together.

Mar 18, 2009 - 10:03:20

Karen,
You can combine those message types under the one Messages app/icon. The setting to combine them should be found under Messages > (press Menu key) > Options > General Options.

Ed in Florida says:
Jul 30, 2009 - 03:07:47

Kelly – I am having the problem other users have described: after switching from a BB Curve to the BB Bold the ‘Edit My Info’ function of the BB Messenger on the Bold doesn’t work. I have tried resetting the phone (soft and hard), reinstalling the messenger software, updating the OS and nothing works. I have read in other forums that there is a bug that will ‘freeze’ the information if the data in the ‘Edit my Info’ is too long. But no one seems capable of providing an answer. I have spoken with RIM and AT&T and still nothing. Help!!