Repair Your BlackBerry at BBrepairshop.com

BBrepairshop_logo Is your BlackBerry in serious need of help because:

• USB port doesn’t work?
  • Display (LCD) is cracked or not working?
  • Lens (of display) scratched?
  • Trackball won’t scroll?
  • Button won’t click?
  • Water damage?
  • Battery door cracked?
  • Device locked?
  • Previously used device needs IT policy removed?
  • 507 (white screen) error?
  • …or you’re not sure what’s wrong and want a free diagnostic test run?

Well, there is a company who just might be able to help…

BBrepairshop.com specializes in repair services for a wide range of BlackBerry models, including the newer ones: Pearl, Curve, Bold, and Storm.

In business since 1999, BBrepairshop.com has supported over 50,000 BlackBerry owners, so there is almost no problem they haven’t seen.

BBrepairshop.com has a walk-in location in Houston, Texas, and soon in New York City, New York and Los Angeles, California (United States). But you can place an order from anywhere and ship your BlackBerry to them.

Your unit will usually be repaired within 24 hours and shipped in methods ranging from Standard to Next Day Air. There is a 90 day guarantee on all parts and labor.

BlackBerry Repairs

Here are some of the repair services offered (select models):

• Pearl, Pearl Flip (soon)
    • LCD replacement
    • LCD replacement
    • Lens replacement
    • Trackball replacement or repair
    • Other repairs upon request
  • Storm (soon)

BlackBerry Parts

If you want to repair your BlackBerry yourself, here is a sample of parts available:

• LCD displays

Special services include:

• Free diagnostic testing
  • IT policy removal
  • Wipe and reload OS
  • Remote unlocking

BlackBerry Accessories

A handful of accessories can be purchased, such as:

• Holsters (cases, clips)
  • Batteries, battery doors
  • Headsets
  • Chargers
  • Cables
  • Screw sets
  • Compressed air cans

Conclusion

If your BlackBerry is broken and out of warranty, or has a problem not covered by warranty, it’s often less expensive to get it repaired than to have the entire phone replaced. BBrepairshop.com gives you that option.

Jeff Green says:
Apr 26, 2009 - 11:04:27

I’ve managed to scratch the touch
Screen lens on my new Storm.
What’s the best fix? Can it be
Replaced? I live in the LA
Area. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2009 - 08:04:10

Jeff,
Contact BBRepairShop.com (I have an article about them). I think they may have opened a store in LA recently.

jingaro says:
Jul 24, 2009 - 09:07:51

i had a problem with my curve 8320.theres no sound for the ringtones.i’ve tried change the speaker but still the same,no sound when anyone call me.i’m staying in singapore.whats the price for the repair.i had been using this phone for 2yrs.thks.

Jul 24, 2009 - 02:07:55

jingaro,
First, it’s easy to try a battery pull (remove battery with power on, wait a minute, replace, wait for recovery). That’s an easy trick that sometimes fixes problems.

Have you tried a music file (MP3 format)? If you can play music, the speaker should be OK. If you think the speaker is OK, either your software is corrupted or your ringtones are corrupted. Try replacing a ringtone first and see if a new ringtone works. If not, you may want to consider wiping your phone and reloading the Device Software (Operating System, or OS). I have articles that explain how to do that.

Let me know how things work out.

Jul 26, 2009 - 10:07:01

my blackberry curve 8900 media card latch broke and now my phone cannot detect my media card. i have a 4 gig scandisk media card and a desktop manager v5.0. i tried to insert other media card with same 4 gig memory but still the phone displays a message ” a media card is not presently inserted in the device”. what’s the price for the repair? i just bought this phone last month and i want it repaired immediately. i’m staying in philippines and there are no service centers here. thanks.

Jul 27, 2009 - 12:07:10

kristina,
Before you pay for a repair, see if you can exchange it as defective at the place that you purchased it. It is probably still under warranty.

To get a quote for that repair, you’ll need to contact BBRepairShop directly. They are now named PDARepairWorld. See their web site at either http://www.bbrepairshop.com or http://www.pdarepairworld.com. I hope you can get it fixed.

In the future, you might want to get insurance on your phone. My carrier uses Asurion. The monthly fee is fairly reasonable, and I have received excellent service from them when I had a defective phone.

jingaro says:
Jul 27, 2009 - 04:07:21

tried everything as u says,upgrade the os.the problems still occurs.i really confused.whats the price for the repair?i wanted to repair immediately.

Jul 27, 2009 - 06:07:28

jingaro,
I don’t do repairs. I simply wrote an article about a company that does repair. You will need to contact BBRepairShop.com yourself. They changed their name to PDARepairWorld. So, you can find them on the web at either http://www.BBRepairShop.com or http://www.PDARepairWorld.com. I wish you the best on getting it repaired.