Owning a BlackBerry already makes you unique. Now you can be unique among BlackBerry owners–by “skinning” your Berry!
You won’t believe…
- How easy it is to apply a skin
- How inexpensive it is to buy a skin
- How many skin designs are available
- How precisely the skin fits
This article covers everything you need to know to have a way-cool phone within days.
Let’s take a quick look at some samples of skins you can get for your BlackBerry, then see how quick and easy it is to apply a skin.
Which BlackBerry Models?
- Pearl (311 skin designs)
- Pearl Flip (56 skin designs)
- Curve (262 skin designs)
- Bold (79 skin designs)
- Storm (51 skin designs)
- 8800 series (206 skin designs)
FYI: Skins are available for far more than just a BlackBerry!
Also, skins come with a free downloadable matching wallpaper.
Examples of DecalGirl Skins
BlackBerry Pearl 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130
BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220
BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330
BlackBerry 8800 Series
How I Installed a Skin on my Pearl
I ordered my skin online at DecalGirl.com, and it came within just a few days.
It came in high-quality packaging that prevented it from being damaged.
I looked over all the contents: no complicated directions, just peel off the skin and apply.
- No soaking the decal the water.
- No need to squeegee out air bubbles.
The only thing necessary is to identify which piece of the decal (skin) goes on which part of the phone. Again, really simple.
And if you were to get it on wrong, just peel it back off and try again.
So, let’s see how it’s done:
1. I used a clean, dry paper towel to clean my Pearl body to make sure it was free of skin oil or other contaminants.
2. I washed and dried my hands to make sure they were clean.
3. I peeled off the first piece…
4. …and applied it. Piece of cake!
The skin is just the right thickness to make it easy to handle, and easy to apply.
5. And continued, piece-by-piece until done. It didn’t take even 5 minutes.
PostScript, 2009-03-16: Thanks to reader Scott for showing me that on the Pearl decal below, there was a cut-out for the camera flash that I failed to remove. Once removed, the flash was uncovered just as it should have been. These decals are truly precision-made, judging from the onces I’ve seen.
6. Lastly, I went to the provided web address to download my matching wallpaper. You provide the same email address you entered when you purchased the skin online. The wallpaper is emailed to that address.
The skins are top quality. They apply easily with no bubbles. They are removable with no residue. And are compatible with most cases and accessories (I can slide my Pearl in and out of its holster and the skin does not interfere or get peeled off).
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders
If you need help, DecalGirl customer service is available by phone (1-866-841-0922), email Info@decalgirl.com), instant messaging (AIM: DecalGirlCom), or live chat.
You can’t upgrade the style and uniqueness of your BlackBerry in any quicker, easier, or less expensive way than with a skin from DecalGirl. But why settle for only one skin? Buy several!